Here's how it works:
Please keep in mind:
NEW! Available for Curbside!
Our Curbside Policy
- To request library materials, patrons may call the Library at 860-489-6684 or complete the electronic form below.
- You must have a valid Torrington Library card to use this service. If you do not have a card, click here to apply. Once you receive your card, you can begin to use Curbside Pickup.
- Limit to five (5) items per adult/YA library card and ten (10) items per juvenile card. (DVD limit of 3 per library card is still in effect).
- Please be sure to check our Catalog before requesting an item.
- We will make every effort to fulfill your request based on item availability.
- A Library staff member will gather the requested materials, put them in a bag, and label it with your last name.
- We will then contact you to let you know that your materials are ready. (Please provide contact information and preferred method of contact at the time of your request).
- Once your order is confirmed, you can pickup during library operating hours, which are Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm.
- Please call when you arrive at the library and a staff member will bring your order to our pickup table located near the book returns.
- Items can be returned in the Book Drop.
- If you are returning items during pick-up, please place your returned books in the outdoor book returns. We will not take book returns in person.
- Requested materials must be picked up within the same week as your order. If materials are not picked up bu Friday at 5pm, they will be put back into circulation for someone else to enjoy.