We're Building Your New Torrington Library
We Need Your Help Today!
The Board of Trustees set aside $3 million from the endowment to create a Building Fund over the past three years.
In addition, the Board has borrowed $3 million from the endowment to complete your new library.
We need to replace the $6 million we’re removing from the endowment to increase our income so that your NEW Torrington Library will exceed your expectations!
Slated to open Fall 2016, your new library will provide:
- A new, second-floor Children’s Room, enhancing opportunities for children to read books and expand their horizons.
- Comfortable, new, renewed, and well-lighted spaces in which library users can enjoy reading and relaxing in attractive new furniture.
- The library’s first-ever Teen Room, offering young adults a safe and welcoming place to do homework, read, and connect.
- A 120-seat Community Room- an ideal setting for gathering, networking, and celebrating all that the community has to offer.
- New ramps, an elevator, and handicapped-accessible bathrooms.
- More computers with Internet access and the Microsoft Office suite.
- A re-capture of the former grandeur of the building by uncovering the breath-taking rotunda dome, exquisite tile floors and other architectural features that have been hidden for years.