Part-Time Custodian Needed
Applications also available at the library.
Applications and resumes will be accepted at the library now through November 21st.
Start Date: Immediately, or two weeks after hire.
The Library is looking for a responsible part-time custodian to maintain our facilities. It is important for a custodian to be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, tidying the premises, and helping set-up and breakdown from events. The ideal candidate will be experienced in a custodian role focused on building upkeep. A keen eye for detail and diligence are also imperative in custodial maintenance jobs. The custodian will report to our Library Director and our Head Custodian.
· Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
· Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
· Wash and sanitize toilets, sinks, and restock disposables (e.g. soap)
· Wipe mirrors and windows
· Maintain outer premises by watering plants and cleaning entrances
· Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
· Report major damages and oversee repairs
· Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks: shoveling snow from the sidewalk, lifting heavy items (50+ pounds), moving chairs, etc.
· Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
· Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances
· Familiarity with basic landscaping and handyman practices
· Attention to detail and conscientiousness
· Good physical condition and strength
· High school diploma is preferred but not required
Hours- 15 per week. Please note that additional evening/weekend hours may be requested with advance notice.
Monday 6:30am-9:30am (3)
Tuesday 6:30am-9:30am (3)
Wednesday 6:30am-9:30am (3)
Thursday: 6:30am-9:30am (3)
Friday: 6:30am-9:30am (3)
- $10.40 per/hour
- No Benefits
- After one full year of service- 2 paid vacation days and 2 paid sick days.