Donating Used Books
We are currently taking gently used book donations. Please limit donations to one bag or small box per week.
All donated items will be quarantined and then sorted.
- Used books donations are accepted by appointment only.
- Please do not drop off books without contacting the Library Director, Jessica. To schedule a drop off time, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We CANNOT accept sets of encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, text books, or Reader’s Digest condensed books or other materials that smell of mold, mildew or are otherwise musty-smelling. This judgment is made at the discretion of library supervisors. Due to space constraints, we can only accept newer, gently used books that are suitable for our book sale events or possible inclusion in the library’s collection.
- We can only accept a maximum of one bag of books at a time within a week time period.
- Used books or other materials donated to the Torrington Library may be added to the library’s collection, offered for sale at our used book corner or our annual book sale. We regret that we cannot return books not added to the Library’s collection.