Donating Used Books
- We can only accept a maximum of one to two bag of books at a time within a week time period.
- Books must be gently used and published within the last 5 years.
- Books must be brought into the library and left with a staff member. Please do not leave books near the book-drop, outside of the library, or in the foyer.
- We CANNOT accept sets of encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, text books, or Reader’s Digest condensed books or other materials that smell of mold, mildew or are otherwise musty-smelling. This judgment is made at the discretion of library supervisors.
- Due to space constraints, we can only accept newer, gently used books that are suitable for our book sale events or possible inclusion in the library’s collection.
- Used books or other materials donated to the Torrington Library will be offered for sale at our Used Book Nook. The Used Book Nook is a fundraiser for the library and all proceeds go directly to benefit the library!