Donating Used Books
- We can only accept a maximum of one to two bag of books at a time within a week time period.
- Books must be gently used and published within the last 5 or so years.
- Books must be brought into the library and left with a staff member. Please do not leave books near the book-drop, outside of the library, or in the foyer.
- We CANNOT accept sets of encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers, text books, or Reader’s Digest condensed books or other materials that smell of mold, mildew or are otherwise musty-smelling. This judgment is made at the discretion of library supervisors. Due to space constraints, we can only accept newer, gently used books that are suitable for our book sale events or possible inclusion in the library’s collection.
- Used books or other materials donated to the Torrington Library will be offered for sale at our used book nook. The Used Book Nook is a fundraiser for the library and all proceeds go directly to benefit the library!